Assistant Professor in Design and Manufacturing
Are you a passionate researcher with interest and profound knowledge in the exciting and future oriented field of design engineering and manufacturing? That’s great because the Department of Design, Production and Management within the Faculty Engineering Technology of the University of Twente has openings for assistant professors around:
• “Human factors in manufacturing and operations”
• “Information driven product development & engineering”.
You’ll work on innovative technologies, methods and tools to eventually improve the design, manufacturing, operation and circularity of future products and services. Utilizing advanced opportunities through digitalization is a key aspect. In line with our motto “High tech, human touch” the development of human-centered working environments is a special area of interest as well.
Your passion and expertise is wanted to support research and education. This includes the development and set up of innovative solutions within our own learning and research factories but also in industrial contexts. Specific fields of action within this position include:
- Development of innovative solutions along the life cycle of products and services including design, manufacturing, operation and circularity aspects
- Practical implementation and experimental testing in both research and industrial environments
- Development and implementation of new educational formats along the topics addressed
- Investigate latest developments in the field and writing of related publications
- Strong interaction with related internal and external partners
Information and application
- an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply
- a detailed CV (resume)
- a publication list.
Please indicate clearly which of the topics you’re preferring and why. You can apply until 6th of April 2023. For selected candidates we plan to conduct a first round of online interviews on April 20th. For more information please contact Prof. Sebastian Thiede, Chair of Manufacturing Systems, email@example.com .
Women are explicitly asked to apply for this position. This is part of the University of Twente’s strategy to increase the proportion of women among its faculty and to create a working environment that is diverse and inclusive and supportive of excellence in research and teaching.
About the organisation
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) engages in education and research of Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. We enable society and industry to innovate and create value using efficient, solid and sustainable technology. We are part of a ‘people-first' university of technology, taking our place as an internationally leading center for smart production, processes and devices in five domains: Health Technology, Maintenance, Smart Regions, Smart Industry and Sustainable Resources. Our faculty is home to about 2,900 Bachelor's and Master's students, 550 employees and 150 PhD candidates. Our educational and research programmes are closely connected with UT research institutes Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Center and Digital Society Institute.