We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, enthusiastic, diverse, and international academic environment. You will have a high degree of independence and responsibility, while collaboration, both internally and externally, is strongly encouraged. Power Electronics & EMC (PE) is a young research group at the University of Twente, established by combining power electronics expertise that the late Prof. Braham Ferreira brought along with the existing leading-edge EMC activities.
- Your research will focus on power electronics components, converters and systems.
- The position calls for a senior researcher with affinity to lead the broad activities and expertise in the group — from basic technology to integration of power electronics in systems
- You will play a central role in teaching power electronics to students of all levels.
- You will lead the PE group within our university, consisting of 6.1 FTE scientific staff members and currently close to 30 PhD students.
- The Dutch government has invested significant funds to boost science & engineering research and education in The Netherlands (Sector Plan). The Electrical Engineering department of the University of Twente has chosen Power Electronics as a focus point for allocating these funds.
- The PE group’s research is embedded in the recently established Centre for Energy Innovation at the University of Twente, within the research programs Advanced Battery Technology and Digitalization of Energy Systems.
Information and application
Are you interested in this position? Send your application via the 'Apply now' button below and include:
- A curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research and teaching statement and three names of potential references).
- A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
This vacancy remains open until a suitable candidate is found.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we particularly support women to apply.
About the organization
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) uses mathematics, electronics and computer technology to contribute to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). With ICT present in almost every device and product we use nowadays, we embrace our role as contributors to a broad range of societal activities and as pioneers of tomorrow's digital society. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.